The days of alternate sun and rain (sometimes, just minutes from one another) are a sign that spring has come and it’s time to dig in the dirt, head to a local farmer’s market, purchase daffodils and pick berries! Make the most of this time of year and take a long walk, hit the bike trails or swing a golf club.
Here’s a list of nearby farms and farmers markets to help you buy locally and support area agriculture:
- Picha’s Berry Farmshas strawberries, raspberries and blackberries hand-picked daily for guaranteed freshness.
- Sidhu Farmis an organic blueberry farm, but don’t be fooled by the name; Sidhu Farms grows a varitey of fresh foods, from blueberries to cauliflower!
- The Happy Camper Cocktail Company is a “garden to glass” cocktail catering business serving syrups from Simple Goodness Sisters’ locally sourced drinking syrups.
- Tacoma Farmers Markets– With three markets a week, there’s a farmers market to fit your schedule and locations!
- Proctor Farmers Market– Shop Pierce County fresh every Saturday from 9am – 2pm, from now until December.
- For a list of specific farms near you, check out this guide.